Pages

February 24, 2012

Nail Polish stash and storing...

So, my nail polish "obsession" has been going on a bit over a year, and it is truly noticable! Before I started spinning out of control I had few nail polishes and wore them seldom. As any other I had a plain red, a pink, a black and a nude, and I never thought I needed anything more. The other day I was cleaning and noticed that my stash has grown out of control...

Untill now my polishes have been standing on the top of a normal shelf and my nail stuff has been occupying three of the shelves! Removing and replacing each bottle to be able to clean seemed like such a hassle.

So what to do?? Ordering a nail polish rack would take some time, and costs alot of money. After some net searching I found that alot of people have made their own nail polish racks out of foam boards! What a fun and inexpensive way to create order to the chaos that is nail polish obsession. So without further ado, here is the before and after pictures;

Before

During the transfer

After
What a difference some foam boards and a hot glue gun can make!!! I love my new shelf and I think my polishes likes the new real estate too =D

With the leftover foam board I made a little stand for stickers and decals that you can see on the right side of the shelf. I also made a minishelf for my minifrankens;


Man, when did I collect all those stickers and decals??

And how much did this cost me? I had to buy a glue gun ($3,12 at Walmart), glue sticks ($3,12 at Walmart), and the foam board ($7,49 at Office Max). Of course I bought the foam boards at Office Max before going to Walmart, so to get an even cheaper shelf buy the foam board(s) at Walmart ;-P According to other bloggers though you can find even cheaper boards at Dollar Tree, but I couldn't find one nearby =(

Total cost for me; $3,12 + $3,12 + $7,49 + Hawaiian Tax $14,50!

So what are you waiting for?? Go get some foam board and start building!! =D 

I used a foam board that was 30 X 40'' and can fit about 90 bottles. To get the size I wanted I laid out the bottles on the floor as I approximately wanted to place them in the shelf and took a measurement. Then I cut up the board to fit the width and still have most of it's length. That way I could start cutting the shelves from the top and they would be the same width as the backing =) 

Oh yes, and it will only take you a couple of hours. Search youtube for tutorials =)

2 comments:

  1. Lol ob tampon on your shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I can't believe I didn't notice, and I can't believe with all that gorgeous nail polish that you would even notice!! =D *blush* Ok guys, I use tampons, and one managed to sneak into my pictures, hope this doesn't offend anyone =)This obviously shows that there was a dire need for some organizing!!

      Delete