Pages

May 14, 2011

My first (successful) Frankenpolish!!

I just found out pretty recently that frankenpolish is a good way of using up half-empty bottles of nail polish. Looking at fellow nail blogger Dr. Frankenpolish I was too inspired too wait... 

So the Gold polish I gave to my roomie was reclaimed and used in my first (successfull) Franken experiment. My first experiment I tried glitter, but it all just turned to goo... 

After reclaiming the Wet N' Wild - Goldmine which was really watery but very sparkling, I bought a cheap nail polish at Wal-Mart only to clean it out to mix my franken in... Also bought a cheap red by NYC, which made the formula dry really fast!! What a bargain! Here are the colors I used, and the last bottle is the result;

Check out the SPARKLE!!!

A little close up of the sparkle;


I was already in love with the color even in the bottle!!

A friend of mine loves manicures, but hate doing them, so I convinced her to try out my Franken on her, check out the gorgeous color;


I have to say I was very inspired by Dr. Frankenpolish's Crimson Crown minus the holo effect.

Then we decided to Konad it and add some wee diamond bling;


Out in the sun;

My friend was very happy with the results, and I have to say I am pretty pleased as well =)


No comments:

Post a Comment